To transfer a .it domain
or a geodomain
- On the dedicated page enter the domain name, including the extension;
- Click on "TRANSFER":
- In the LIST OF REQUESTED DOMAINS:
- Enter the AuthInfo code: il authorization code that must be supplied by the current Provider, required to continue with the transfer request;
- Check the box to change owner: select "YES" if you want to change the registrant (owner) of the domain at the same time as the transfer, otherwise select "NO" and click on "Proceed";
You cannot change the registrant's (owner's) details for geodomains. For these however, the "Change Owner" section is not visible.
- Read the policy and continue;
- Choose the basic service to apply to the domain and any additional services then click on "Proceed";
At this point
, only if you have chosen to combine the domain with a Hosting service
(excluding WordPress Hosting
) or DNS Management service with or without email
, the system will ask you to continue and
- preconfigure services for the Hosting service (for more details, see the guida dedicata);
- configure records for the DNS Management service (for more details, see the relevant guide).
- Read the order summary, enter the "Discount Code", if you have one, and proceed;
- Choose the login details to use for the domain according to the following instructions:
- CLIENT ALREADY REGISTERED: enter the username and password if you have them (if you have forgotten them, you can recover them by following the instructions in the relevant section);
- NEW USER: register as a new user.
- Fill in the form about the "owner's (registrant's) details" for the domain and proceed;
- Fill in the form about the "billing details" for the domain (this information will be used for tax purposes and to issue invoices and other accounting documents, so we recommend making sure these details are correct) and click on "Proceed";
- On the "Order form" page:
- Choose a payment method;
- Choose the "renewal frequency" for the domain (between one and five years, for products that are on offer, you can select one or two years), or for how many years you want to renew the service and for how many years it will automatically be renewed when it next expires;
- Accept the terms and conditions for the service by checking the appropriate boxes and click on "Proceed" to finish the order.
You will receive an order confirmation
email at the email addresses provided in the "personal details
" and "billing details
" which will contain information about how to pay (if the email addresses provided are the same, only one message will be sent). The domain transfer will only be sent to the relevant Authority once payment has been received
, which will be confirmed in a payment confirmation
message sent to the email address in the "billing details
It takes around 24 hours for the transfer to be accepted
Confirmation of the successful transfer
. During this time, the domain will be assigned the status Pending Transfer
. During this period, the previous Registrar can only veto the transfer if they have received an order from the competent Authorities, using the statutory forms. If within this time the change of Provider has not been cancelled by the new Registrar or rejected by the old one, the transfer is automatically approved by the Registry.
is sent by email to the email address provided in the "personal details
". The domain and associated services are fully activated within 24-48 hours of receipt of the "Activation Confirmation"
If the transfer is not successful:
- Sign in to the customer area;
- Click on "INITIATE TRANFER AGAIN", which you will only be able to see if the Transfer has failed, to send the Transfer request again:
- Repeat the transfer process as described above.
The transfer involves disabling the email accounts linked to the domain and taking down the website
. During this transfer process, use alternative email accounts for your communications. Once the domain has been activated, recreate the email accounts and publish the website again. If you select "Preconfigure your services
" you can limit the downtime of the services, but if the old Provider removes the DNS records
before publication is complete, the site will no longer be visible.