To transfer a domain with a .com
extension to Aruba.it you will need to carry out some preliminary checks
before you begin:
- If you do not have it, request an authorization code and the removal of the block on unwanted transfers from your current Provider;
- The domain to be transferred must have been registered for at least 60 days and there must be no changes to the owner’s details.
After the preliminary checks are complete, follow the instructions in the three steps below:
To begin the transfer procedure:
- On the dedicated page enter the domain name, including the extension;
- Click on "TRANSFER":
- Make sure the corresponding domain name in the "List of domains requested" is checked and click on "Proceed";
- Read the policy and continue;
- Choose the basic service to apply to the domain and any additional services then click on "Proceed";
At this point
, only if you have chosen to combine the domain with a Hosting service
(excluding WordPress Hosting
) or DNS Management service with or without Email
, the system will ask you to continue and
- preconfigure services for the Hosting service (for more details, see the relevant guide);
- configure records for the DNS Management service (for more details, see the relevant guide).
- Read the order summary, enter the discount code, if you have one, and click on "Proceed";
- Choose the authentication code to apply to the domain in accordance with the following instructions:
- CLIENT ALREADY REGISTERED: enter the username and password if you have them (if you have forgotten them, you can recover them by following the instructions in the relevant section);
- NEW USER: register as a new user;
- On the "OWNER DETAILS" page:
- Specify whether you want to assign the domain to the owner email@example.com or to someone else;
- Fill in the form about the owner's (registrant's) details;
- Fill in the form about the billing details for the domain (this information will be used for tax purposes, to issue invoices and other accounting documents, so we recommend making sure these details are correct) and click on "Proceed";
- On the "Order form" page:
- Choose a payment method;
- Choose the "Renewal frequency" for the domain (between one and five years, for products that are on offer, you can select one or two years), or for how many years you want to renew the service and for how many years it will automatically be renewed when it next expires;
- Accept the terms and conditions for the service by checking the appropriate boxes and click on "Proceed" to finish the order.
You will receive an order confirmation
email at the email addresses provided in the "personal details
" and "billing details
" which will contain information about how to pay (if the email addresses provided are the same, only one message will be sent). The domain transfer will only be sent to the relevant Authority once payment has been received
, which will be confirmed in a payment confirmation
message sent to the email address in the "billing details
Once OpenSRS has received the request, it will send a "Transfer request for domainname.extension" message to the email address of the domain owner on the public Whois database. To complete the transfer, follow the instructions in the section below in this guide.
To complete the domain transfer, you need to confirm the request
by following the instructions below:
- Once the transfer order is complete, as explained in Step 1 of this guide, and payment has been received by Aruba, an email will be sent by OpenSRS to the domain owner's email address, with the subject "Transfer request for domainname.extension";
- Click on the link in the email next to "Go to https://approve.domainadmin....";
The message (sent in Italian, Spanish and English) is valid for 5 days. After this time, if you try to click on the link, an error message appears and the transfer procedure needs to be repeated from the start.
- On the screen that appears you will see the name of the domain, the name of the current Registrar and a link to Whois. To complete the transfer:
- Check the box next to "to indicate that the Registrant(s) for the domain listed above";
- Enter the authorization code issued by the current provider and confirm the process by clicking on "Submit Request".
If the process has been successful, a message will be sent to the email address of the domain owner on the public Whois database confirming the change of owner for the transferred domain.
It may take a few days between completing the process and the transfer being confirmed. During this time the domain and services linked to it may not work.
If the Registrant
responds positively to the request, the domain will be registered with a different Registrar, OpenSRS will send a second request email to the current Provider
, who can respond directly or to the Registrant.
If the transfer is not successful
, Aruba will follow up with the relevant Authority. You will receive an email with the instructions to follow.
The transfer involves disabling the email accounts linked to the domain and taking down the website
. While the procedure is underway, use alternative email accounts for your communications. Once the domain has been activated, recreate the email accounts and publish the website again. If you select preconfigure your services
, you can limit the downtime of the services, but if the old Provider removes the DNS records
before publication, the site will no longer be visible.
For domains with .com
and .info extensions
, after the Transfer
, you must confirm your contact details
. To do this, respond, within 15 days of receiving the contact details confirmation
email, sent to the address provided in the "owner details
". Failing this, the domain will be suspended and will not be visible or editable (for details, see Confirm registrant's (owner) details for a domain